5 Reasons to Attend the IMMAP Digital Congress
Working moms and mompreneurs would do well to be present at the first Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP) Digital Congress happening from October 10 to 12, 2016 at the Philippine International Convention Center in Pasay City. With the theme “The Power of X: Digital Multiplied,” the IMMAP DigiCon is the perfect opportunity to update your knowledge on all things digital and learn from the industry's local and global experts, at the country's biggest digital congress. "After 10 years of IMMAP, we’re quite excited because the congress will be the perfect venue to provide participants with the answers to their pressing concerns—answers they should hear and not just want to hear. The greatest and brightest minds in digital will be there to discuss why and how digital has revolutionized the landscape of marketing and advertising in the 21st Century. The congress is our way of capping off IMMAP’s 10th anniversary and we’re ecstatic to find out what’s in store for us in the next 10 years or more," says Margot Torres, IMMAP President and Executive Vice President and Deputy Managing Director of McDonald’s Philippines.
Donald Lim, ABS-CBN Chief Digital Officer who is also dubbed as the founding father of digital marketing in the country, says, "Participants will get a perspective of how things are executed on a regional level. More pluses if they attend because our speakers are among the best in the business. They can share valuable information about building a brand in this mobile-first world. We hope that by attending, our digital marketers’ skills will improve by leaps. We still have a long way to go with regard to digital marketing but we’re not that far behind from the others."
Here are five reasons why you should attend the IMMAP Digicon.
#1 It's going to be unlike any event you'd ever seen.
For the first time, IMMAP fuses together other regular digital marketing conferences—the Mobile Marketing Summit, Digital Commerce Summit, and the IMMAP Summit—into one event, expecting to draw around 3,000 delegates from various industries across the country. It will be unlike any other digital congress the country has ever seen, with 10 subject matter tracks and 10 speakers in each track, for a total of 100 speakers.
#2 The conference features a comprehensive lineup of topics.
The conference will have a total of 10 tracks of topics including Branding and Marketing, Content and Distribution, Start-ups, The Digital Creative, Social and Search, eCommerce and Payments, The Digital Agency, CRM, Data and Analytics, Research and Measurement, and Media and Ad Networks.
#3 It's going to feature the industry's very best!
The IMMAP DigiCon is proving to be a who’s who event where industry rock stars will converge to provide once-in-a-lifetime learning opportunities to local digital marketers. The lineup of speakers include:
- Gwendolyn Regina: The Director of Strategy and Business Development of Mashable, she will be a featured speaker under Content and Distribution.
- Gautam Talwar: Southeast Asia General Manager for YouTube content creator Maker Studios, he will be a featured speaker under Content and Distribution.
- Jean-Marie Dru: Chairman of TBWA/Worldwide, Dru has more than six decades of advertising experience.
- Anne-Cecile Michaud Lichtenstein: The Global Head of Strategy of Havas Media who leads strategic planning across all integrated media for the company, she will speak on Branding and Marketing.
- Sandhya Devanathan: Regional Director of eCommerce, Travel and Financial Services verticals at Facebook, he will enlighten participants on eCommerce and Payments.
- Christel Quek: Vice President for Asia Pacific of Brandwatch, content developer company for Twitter, he will talk on Social and Search.
- Steve Kalifowitz: The two-time Emmy Award-winning producer, Kalifowitz is Head of Brand Strategy, Asia Pacific and Middle East and North Africa for Twitter, and will also talk about Social and Search.
- Sunita Kaur: Managing Director in Asia for Spotify who led the company’s expansion in Asia, Kaur will talk on Content and Distribution.
#4 World leaders in marketing communications will be present.
The IMMAP DigiCon will have world leaders in marketing communications such as DDB, Havas, Leo Burnett, McCann, Ogilvy, and TBWA exploring various topics across the conference’s ten tracks. Their insights, which are well-rooted in traditional marketing but are far-extending into the digital arena, are something to watch out for. LinkedIn, Nielsen, and Omnicom Media Group, meanwhile, will be tackling topics from the Research and Measurement track, which focuses on gathering and handling data at a time when information is king.
#5 Influential global and local brands will be there as well.
Representatives from influential global brands such as Google, Facebook, Twitter and Mashable will also drive conversation and discuss key issues across various tracks in the conference. Popular consumer apps like Grab, Spotify, Uber, and Viber will share some tricks that have made an impact on how people live in this digital age, and have catapulted their brand success worldwide.
Established brands in the country, such as Alaska Milk, Coca Cola, Globe Telecom, McDonald’s, Nestle, and Unilever, will feature their CEOs in a number of panel discussions highlighting the leaps their companies have made in order to adapt to the fast-paced and growing digital landscape. Emerging names in the digital arena, such as Kickstarter Ventures, Iflix, and Zomato, could help young aspiring individuals in breaking through the wide possibilities of the digital stage.