8 Great Reasons To See Chicago
Perhaps no other Broadway musical has such an exemplary pedigree. Created by the legendary Broadway trio of John Kander (music), Fred Ebb (book/lyrics) and Bob Fosse (choreographer) in 1975, Chicago packs in greed, violence, adultery, and treachery in one gloriously executed musical, making for an experience one would soon not forget.
The good news is that Chicago will makes its Manila debut on December 2, 2014 at Solaire Resort and Casino’s The Theatre. Presented in the Philippines by VISA and SMART Infinity, Chicago runs until December 21, 2014 with an all-American cast coming direct from the United States.
James Chi, Marketing Manager of Smart Infinity Business Group, says, “Aside from allowing Smart Infinity to keep its unmatched tradition of bringing over all the world-class, must-watch musicals, it also gives us the opportunity to provide not only the best mobile service but also the most delightful experiences to our subscribers.”
Chicago is indeed a delightful experience and for more reasons than one. Here are but some of them:
1. It’s got a great story. Though set in the 1920s, Chicago could have very well been written today. Chicago tells the story of an aspiring Vaudeville star who murders her lover, takes on her rival cellmate, and dupes the public with sensational headlines.
2. It’s got numerous awards tucked under its belt. Chicago not only has six Tony Awards and two Olivier Awards, it also has a Grammy for Best Musical Cast Recording.
3. It’s got legs. On November 23, 2014, Chicago will be the longest running American musical with 7,486 performances.
4. It’s got some memorable tunes. Chicago features such exciting ditties All That Jazz, Razzle Dazzle ‘Em and Cell Block Tango.
5. It’s got an incredible cast. Flying to Manila are Broadway stars Bianca Marroquin, who will play Roxie Hart, and Terra MacLeod, who takes the stage as Velma Kelly. Terra has played the role of Velma around the world from Broadway to the West End. Bianca made her Broadway debut as Roxie in 2002.
6. It’s going to be staged in a world-class facility. With 1,760 seats, Solaire Resort and Casino’s The Theatre features the latest in state-of-the-art technical and stage facilities. It is envisioned to house world-class Broadway shows, musical concerts, and ballet performances, among others.
7. It has gained worldwide acclaim. Chicago has been staged across the globe, from Moscow to Mexico. It has reached over 24 countries and been translated into 11 languages.
8. Smart has come up with some fabulous offers! To complete the Chicago experience, a suite of special edition ‘Infinity Music Plans’ is being offered by Smart Infinity. The Infinity Music Plan 3500 comes with two complimentary orchestra VIP tickets to Chicago, along with two Misfit Shine fitness tracking gadgets, one Chicago album, and 30 songs monthly to go with the call, text, and data subscription bundled with the plan. The Plan 5000 comes with either a Samsung S5 or iPhone 5s, two orchestra VIP tickets, a Chicago album, and 30 songs monthly along with call, text, and data. Finally, Plan 8000 provides a free Macbook Air, two orchestra VIP tickets, a Chicago album, and 30 songs.
For more information about the premium Smart Infinity experience, contact 848-8806, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to http://www1.smart.com.ph/infinity/chicago.