Save The Date For Expo Mom South!
Expo Mom South has loads more in store for you than awesome mom and baby finds, like our #Mompowerment talks on the importance of active play and managing life as a working mom.
It’s a known fact that active play is crucial to our kids’ development. It contributes to their cognitive, physical, social, and emotional well-being, and gives parents a chance to connect with their kids. But despite the benefits of active play, there seems to be less and less time for it because of our hurried lifestyles, changes in family structure, and focus on academics and extracurricular activities. Not to mention active playtime’s greatest competitor, gadget time! We must learn to balance our kids’ screen time. Now, more than ever, the call for free play is resounding!
Here are three reasons for moms to be staunch free play advocates:
1. Play helps kids process their emotions.
• Since language skills are at a minimal at a young age, children express painful feelings through crying, tantrums, and other undesirable behavior. Studies show that play helps parents’ abilities to “talk” to their little ones through play.
2. Play develops their independence and creative thinking.
• Let’s admit it, we spend a large part of our day telling our kids what to do. This isn’t a bad thing since there are many decisions that kids cannot yet make for themselves. But during play, they are given opportunities to think for themselves. Playtime is a safe space for self-expression.
3. Play builds stronger relationships with family members.
• There is healing power in play. No matter the circumstances you face, playtime is always an opportunity to just enjoy spending time with your child. You build bonds while reducing your child’s stress.
If you’d like to learn more about the healing power of play; enrich your mommy knowledge on important topics like nutrition, health, and self-care; and have a full day of fun, games and shopping, then save the date for Expo Mom South happening in Alabang Town Center on June 30, 2018 from 10am to 9pm.
Expo Mom is the longest running event of its kind, Expo Mom is the banner event for Mommy Mundo, known for its curated showcase of mom products and services.
Coming from it’s nationwide roadshow, Expo Mom hits the south with the latest mom-approved and tested products, and exciting all-day program featuring inspiring Mompowerment talks.
Ms. Karrots Nazareno will be speaking about the healing power of play, while Ms. Fleur Rubio-Sombrero takes the stage on the important topic of being a self-assured and strong working mom.
Expo Mom is co-presented by PLDT Home Fibr, Sun Life, and Baby Dove; together with official online media partners Inquirer.net and INQ POP, and venue partners Alabang Town Center and Ayala Malls.
See you there!