Get Ready for Philippine Homeschool Conference 2016!
Homeschooling parents look forward to the annual Philippine Homeschool Conference (PHC) with much anticipation. Set to take place on October 22, 2016 at the SMX Convention Center, SMX Aura Premier in Taguig City, PHC 2016 hopes to inform and inspire parents who want to learn more about homeschooling. The conference also features an expo of the latest homeschooling materials and services. Copywriter and homeschooling mom Ivy Guerrero, says, "My husband and I were first-timers at the 2015 Philippine Homeschool Conference. We learned a lot from it. We went home affirmed that we made the right decision to homeschool our five-year-old son. I look forward to this year's conference as I'm sure there will be more to learn and discover. I'm also excited to see so many homeschooling families gathered in one place."
Lani Venturina-Chavez, project manager and homeschooling mom of two, agrees. She says, "My husband and I were blessed to be refueled with passion and reason to get ready for the world through homeschooling during last year’s conference."
Business owner Princess Sambat, who drove all the way from North Luzon, says, "My husband and I were first-timers in attending the PHC last year, and I am happy he came along... Now he has a better understanding on how homeschooling goes. We learned a lot and were inspired by other homeschoolers to also give the best we can to our two kids."
PHC 2016 Program
A project of the Homeschool Association of the Philippine Islands, PHC 2016 is going to be bigger than ever, with a formidable roster of local and international speakers, including:
- Deonna Tan-Chi and Joy Tan-Chi Mendoza: Deonna and her husband Peter Tanchi are one of the pioneers of the Philippine homeschooling movement. Deonna homeschooled her daughter Joy and her other children. Joy and her husband Edric are now also homeschooling their five kids.
- Andrew Pudewa: Andrew is the director of the Institute for Excellence in Writing. He is a popular international speaker who specializes in issues related to teaching, writing, thinking, spelling, and music.
- Bo Sanchez: Bo is a bestselling author, international speaker, and entrepreneur. He founded the Light of Jesus Family and Catholic Filipino Academy, a homeschool provider accredited by the Department of Education.
PHC 2016 Fees
The conference fee is P1,000 per head. A group rate of P4,500 per group of 5 persons is available. The entrance fee to the PHC 2016 Expo is P50.
Participants who wish to bring their children can do so but need to take note of the following:
- Children 3 years old and below who will join their parents in the keynote talks and breakout sessions are free but with lap seating privileges only.
- Children 4 years old and above who will join their parents all throughout the talks and sessions pay P1,000 per head.
- Parents can also opt to have their children join the Children's Activities in the PHC 2016 Expo area for a fee per activity.
Deadline for online registration payments is October 15, 2016. Thereafter, on-site registration is P1,200 per head. To register, log on to www.educatingforlife.co.