Make Car Trips Smoother
It’s fun to bring the kids out for a ride, but it’s also easy for them to get restless specially on long trips. Here are some quick tips to make road trips stress-free for you and your family. * Have familiar objects or toys within reach.
* Bring a small cooler filled with your children’s favorite snacks and drinks.
* Provide pillows, specially neck pillows or neck rests.
* Make sure to have a change of clothes ready along with baby wipes or a towel.
* Play audio stories or kids’ music. Download these in advance or bring along CDs.
* Play simple games such as counting trucks or searching for colors.
* Keep your kids well hydrated. Non-carbonated and unsweetened drinks are the best.
* Dress comfortably. Go barefoot or put your child in socks (for long car rides).
* Have a portable potty or urine bag on hand.
* Make frequent stopovers.
Have a safe trip!
This story first appeared in Urban Mom magazine.