Masflex Celebrates 25th Year With New Innovations
Masflex, one of the country's leading brands of cookware, houseware, and kitchenware, celebrated its 25th year by introducing its newest brand ambassador and launching its latest collections. Established in 1989, Masflex answered the need of Filipino households for high quality, affordable products. Through the years, it has continuously introduced various innovations to its lines, resulting in a formidably diverse range of cookware.
Its non-stick collection includes basic cookware as well as forged aluminum cookware. The Masflex high quality stainless steel collection has both the basic and the premium line of cookware. Recently, Masflex introduced its premium Diamond series. Made in Korea, it features a five layer coating which is durable and impact-resistant with anti-corrosion and anti-scratch features.
Casseroles, sauce pans, and pasta pots by Masflex
The non-stick collection
At the event, guests got to make colorful pancakes.
Guests from the culinary world, including Chef Gene Gonzales and China Cojuangco, having a grand time.
Masflex also introduced its brand ambassador Nancy Reyes-Lumen, whose culinary lineage is incomparable having come from the indomitable Reyes clan of The Aristocrat. Apart from being an ardent advocate of Filipino food, she is also an accomplished cook, food writer, and foodie. Above all, she has been a loyal customer of Masflex for many years.
Nancy says, “I only agree to endorse brands I believe in or those that support my advocacies. My relationship with Masflex is sincere. We mutually respect each other. I love pots and pans that make my kitchen happy and I am one person who gives kitchenware as gifts.”
Brand ambassador Nancy Reyes-Lumen doing a cooking demonstration.
Nancy with her delicious kinulob.
At 25th anniversary celebration of Masflex, Nancy shared with the audience several heirloom recipes including this delicious chicken kinulob:
Mommy Nena's Kinulob
1 kilo whole fat chicken, remove and set aside the fat
8 to 10 cups cold water
2 pieces chorizo de bilbao, quartered diagonally
100 grams dried ham bone
100 grams Chinese ham bits
1 large white onion
2 to 3 large potatoes, peeled and halved
15 pieces whole peppercorns
1 tablespoon Kikkoman soy sauce
1 tablespoon sherry
Rock salt, to taste
Banana leaves to cover the Masflex casserole
- Stud potatoes with peppercorns.
- Singe banana leaves till smokey-fragrant.
- In a Masflex Casserole, render oil from chicken fat.
- Saute chorizo; oil will be orange.
- Add ham bone, chicken, and water to cover. Bring to boil.
- Add onion, potatoes, soy sauce, and sherry. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer.
- Cover the casserole tightly with banana leaves.
- Cook for 35 minutes then check chicken. Chicken has to be fall-off-the-bone tender. If not yet tender, cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste broth, season with rock salt if needed. Broth must have the smokey fragrance of burnt banana leaves.
- Mash the potatoes in the broth. No need for rice.